The group's creator, Jonathan HamilI, says "I had given some thought to a representative group for small business members of British APCO, and submitted a paper, which received endorsement at the Board and Executive recently."
The group's scope of operation will span public safety and civil contingencies communications and information systems.
Group activities include:
• Regular meetings
• Stakeholder and Industry engagement
• Support for customer market sounding activities
• Facilitating the exploration of potential consortia responses to business opportunities
• Providing a means to engage relevant System Integrators
• Site visits to customer and industry facilities
The ambition is that members work collaboratively, to develop an understanding of capabilities within the group, and provide assistance to identify specific opportunities, products and services
Jonathan has started a LinkedIn group for members to join and to show their support.
Jonathan says "I'd like to convene a meeting at BAPCO 2017 in Telford, and will use this group as a means of communication. It'd be great to meet with you all there."
BAPCO Small Business Group on LinkedIn